Wallula Christian School to cut back
Wallula Christian School plans to scale back next year.
The school, 23785 139th St., currently includes preschool through fifth grade. Next year, however, the school will offer only preschool, said the Rev. Lance Coffman, pastor of Wallula Christian Church .
About 70 students attend the school, 35 of them in kindergarten through fifth grade. There are four teachers, an aide and part-time music and physical education teachers of the kindergarten through fifth-grade students.
Parents whose children attend the school were notified of the decision at a meeting on Tuesday, and a letter was sent to congregation members on Wednesday, Coffman said. Classes this year will not be affected by the changes, he said.
The decision to shut down the elementary grades was made by the elders at Wallula Christian Church, Coffman said.
Check the Feb. 16 edition of The Current for more on this story.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Dad of batboy, 9, who died, supports batboy tradition
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher