Church to sponsor ‘Parent University’
Trinity Lutheran Church will sponsor Christian Parent University from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, at the church, 2101 Tenth Ave., in Leavenworth.
The event will include three guest speakers:
¢ Ron Willis of Green Porch Swings Productions in Jewell will be the keynote speaker and will deliver a talk, "I May Not Be a Shining Star, but I Twinkle Just a Little." Willis is a former school psychologist.
¢ Bobbie Bower of Leavenworth Parents as Teachers will speak about spiritual development and character development in young children.
¢ David Saving, minister of family life at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Leawood, will speak about "tweens."
People interested in attending the free university are asked to call Trinity Lutheran, 682-7474, by Feb. 20.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Mostly forgotten detective faced notorious criminals
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures