Forensics team earns first place
The Lansing High School Forensics team earned first place at the Santa Fe Trail High School Invitational tournament on Feb. 11 where seven LHS entries qualified for the state championships.
To qualify for state, students must place first or second in the event. Senior Brian Butler placed second in both humorous and serious solo acting. Senior Brian Smith placed first in prose interpretation, and in poetry interpretation, junior Matt Humphreys placed first and senior Jenna Fausett placed second. Freshman Austin Keeling earned first place in informative speaking and second place with partner Samantha Mitchell, a senior, in duet acting.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament