Friends of NRA set benefit banquet
Leavenworth County Friends of NRA eighth-annual banquet and fundraiser will be at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, March 11, at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds Administration Building in Tonganoxie.
The fairgrounds are located approximately a half-mile west of Tonganoxie on Kansas Highway 16.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for games and reviewing auction items. The banquet starts at 6:30 p.m. Auctions and drawings will follow the dinner.
Nationally, the program has raised funds for youth-oriented firearms safety programs. In Kansas, beneficiaries have included 4-H and Scouting shooting sports programs, hunter education, youth outdoor education and JROTC programs.
Cost of tickets, which include dinner and chance for door prizes, is $25 or $40 for a couple. Sponsorships are available in amounts from $75 to $1,000. Any donated items for use as door prizes and drawings would be appreciated.
Call Jeff Dickinson, local event chairman, at (913) 727-1180 or A. C. Byrd at (913) 727-1472 for more information or to purchase tickets.
Tickets must be purchased by March 6. No tickets will be available at the banquet.
More like this story
- Basehor, Bonner area students receive collegiate honors
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary