Yoga classes to be offered
Beginning and intermediate Hatha Yoga classes will begin in March at the Women's Community Y, 520 S. Broadway St., Leavenworth.
Hatha Yoga emphasizes specific physical movement to relieve tension in tight muscles and learning the relaxation response through progressive relaxation. Slow-moving exercise is used to improve mobility, making it suitable for those with arthritis, back problems and joint pain.
Classes will meet Tuesdays for eight weeks beginning March 7. Intermediate classes will begin at 7 p.m., and beginning classes will start at 8 p.m.
Pam Crume, who has practiced yoga for 19 years and taught for 12, will instruct the class.
To enroll, call the Y at (913) 682-6404. Participants should wear loose clothing and bring a towel, mat or small rug.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood powerlifters win at West Franklin
- Kansas agency spokeswoman's Facebook posting draws criticism
- Mott would be Kansas' first transgender House member
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics