Basehor man killed while walking on county road
A 65-year-old Basehor man was killed Wednesday afternoon northwest of Basehor when a minivan drove left of center and hit him, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
When the accident occurred, John F. Frame, was walking south -- facing oncoming traffic -- on the east side of 174th Street. A 1999 Pontiac minivan driven by Betty J. Scheller, 77, Basehor, also was headed south and apparently crossed the center line and struck Frame, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Frame died at the scene of the accident, which occurred about 3:50 p.m. Wednesday. The accident occurred on 174th Street about 0.3 of a mile north of Donahoo.
Highway Patrol reports said Frame's wife was at the scene when the accident occurred.
Scheller was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured.
For more information, see the Jan. 12 edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts