Basehor man killed while walking on county road
A 65-year-old Basehor man was killed Wednesday afternoon northwest of Basehor when a minivan drove left of center and hit him, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
When the accident occurred, John F. Frame, was walking south -- facing oncoming traffic -- on the east side of 174th Street. A 1999 Pontiac minivan driven by Betty J. Scheller, 77, Basehor, also was headed south and apparently crossed the center line and struck Frame, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Frame died at the scene of the accident, which occurred about 3:50 p.m. Wednesday. The accident occurred on 174th Street about 0.3 of a mile north of Donahoo.
Highway Patrol reports said Frame's wife was at the scene when the accident occurred.
Scheller was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured.
For more information, see the Jan. 12 edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- KCK couple die in K-32 accident in Edwardsville
- Independence, Mo., man killed in K-7 accident
- Basehor man dies in head-on collision on U.S. 24-40
- Leavenworth man killed in fatality accident south of Lansing
- Three killed in violent car accident near intersection of Leavenworth County Road 1, Kansas Highway 32