Work to keep museum closed
The 1913 Parker Carousel will give its gears a rest for two months.
The C.W. Parker Museum, 320 Esplanade, Leavenworth, will be closed during January and February while construction is being done on the building and on the 1913 carousel.
A conference and meeting room will be constructed at the museum, and stairs to the second floor will be built and installed.
Because of the construction and the necessity of moving displays to accommodate the work, the museum will be closed to the public. However, birthday parties and special tours may still be scheduled in advance if participants are aware of the conditions they might encounter. The 1950 Parker Carousel may be used for parties while work is done on the older one.
The museum is planned to reopen in March.
More like this story
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Tonganoxie's Kirby McRill Aventure Walk/Run is Saturday
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals