City to observe King holiday
The city of Lansing will observe the Martin Luther King Jr. national holiday on Monday, Jan. 16.
City Hall and all city offices will be closed. Residential trash service, which the city contracts out to Deffenbaugh Industries, that normally takes place on Monday will be delayed one day, until Tuesday, Jan. 17. Trash pickup that normally would take place Friday, Jan. 20, will be delayed until Saturday, Jan. 21.
There will be no school for students in the Lansing School District on Monday, but the district's teachers will participate in staff development.
More like this story
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council