District to honor land stewards
The Leavenworth County Conservation District will have its annual meeting at 6:30 p.m. Jan 28 at the Lansing Community Center.
Dorothy Klamm will serve the meal, and entertainment will be provided by Phillip Thomas, who will portray the explorer Meriwether Lewis. Thomas is a history professor at Wichita State University.
A business meeting and election of two supervisors will follow the entertainment. LeRoy Elder and Eugene Kramer are up for re-election. Conservation awards will be presented to Bill and Loretta Kimball, Nancy Pearce, The Tallmans and Holly Kellison.
The deadline for reservations is Jan. 20. Call the Leavenworth County Conservation District, (913) 682-2133, ext. 3, to make reservations.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament