12 middle-school students chosen for honor choir
Twelve Lansing Middle School students will perform in the Northeast District Kansas Music Educators Honor Choir this weekend.
The students will practice with Dr. Charles Robinson, professor of choral music education at University of Missouri-Kansas City, in the morning and perform at 3 p.m., said Sherri Schwanz, LMS choir director. The concert will be at Shawnee Mission Northwest High School.
Teachers who are members of the Kansas Music Educators Association may select an octet of students to perform at the honor choir, Schwanz said. She is bringing an octet plus four other tenors and basses to fill in.
The choir is open to students in kindergarten through ninth grade, Schwanz said.
LMS students chosen to perform Saturday are Chelsea Weeks, Kristen Taylor, Morgan Grenier, Sara Letson, Zach Bradley, Alex Sexton, James Johnson, Billy Kidder, Tyler McCarty, Brian Beall, Kevin Reed and Nick Bell.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Kansas lawmakers working on plan to issue pension bonds
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education