Chili supper set at Linwood school
Calling all chili lovers and cooks.
The second annual Linwood Elementary Chili Supper and Cook-Off will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26, in the LES lobby and Basehor-Linwood Middle School multi-purpose room.
The evening will consist of a chili cook-off, a chili supper and a raffle with prizes from Famous Dave's, tickets to a T-Bones baseball game and more.
"Our goal is to raise at least $1,000 for the special-program fund," said Missy Smith, coordinator of the event.
"The special-program fund allows us to bring educational and cultural opportunities to the students."
During the past year, the fund has allowed for the Russian and Irish programs, Australian Kaleidiscope, the Marble Lady and, later this year, the Seem-to-Be Players.
"All around, it is a wonderful activity that benefits the community and school," said Vicki McEnroe, Linwood Elementary School principal.
The chili cook-off is limited to the first 10 entries, and cash prizes will be awarded to the top-three finishers. Last year, Cynthia McGowne, Dave Fritz and Gerald Kahle took home top honors.
Anyone is invited to attend. For additional information about the event or to enter the cook-off, contact Smith at (913) 422-9267.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits