Kansans for Life to conduct vigil
The Leavenworth County chapter of Kansans for Life will sponsor a candlelight prayer vigil this week to mark the 33rd anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision by the U.S. Supreme Court.
The vigil will begin at 5:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 20, on the west side of the Leavenworth County Courthouse, 300 Walnut St., Leavenworth.
"The vigil is to remember the 45 million babies killed since the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in the United States," a news release from Kansans for Life said.
More like this story
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Firefighters climb stairs in Wichita to honor 9/11 crews
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas Aviation Museum reduces hours, lays off 2 employees