American Legion Post 411
Lansing Memorial American Legion Post 411 held its January monthly meeting at the Western Sizzlin restaurant and enjoyed a meal before the meeting. The meeting was well attended.
The December 2005 meeting, held at the Lansing Community Center, was a joint Christmas Party with the Lansing VFW Post. This was the second Christmas for the joint party and the tradition will continue next Christmas.
The Lansing Post had a successful year during 2005. Current membership has passed 120 for this year and qualifies the post for its sixth consecutive all-time high in membership. Accomplishments include sponsoring youths to Boys State and Girls State, sponsoring two American Legion baseball teams, and assisting with fundraising for the Packages From the Heartland program.
The monthly post meetings will be at the Western Sizzlin restaurant through May and then will return to the Lansing Activities Center. Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Through May members are encouraged to come early and enjoy a meal before the meeting.
All veterans are invited to attend. Anyone desiring information about joining the Lansing post should contact A.C. Byrd at 727-1472 or by email at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again