No losers in this event
About 90 people, including Cub Scouts, siblings and parents gathered Saturday for the annual Pinewood Derby, sponsored by Basehor Pack No. 3169.
An enthusiastic crowd cheered on the gravity-powered racers and their builder-owners, in a round-robin run-off that gave each entrant four chances to amass points toward the final trophies.
There aren't really any losers in a Pinewood Derby, but several boys walked off with the hardware at the end of the competition.
The top finishers were:
1. Tabor York.
2. Zach Hevel.
3. Austin Rowland.
This year's consolation award went to Cole Hale.
In addition, Mayor Chris Garcia selected the car of Alexander Coleman for "Best in Show."
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes