Yankee Doodle Dandy
Throngs turn out for annual fireworks show
Talk about a festive Fourth of July fireworks show.
Hundreds of people crammed onto the Lansing Middle School grounds and hundreds more watching from the surrounding neighborhoods were captivated Tuesday night by 21 minutes of fireworks tuned to classic rock 'n' roll hits.
Independence Day in Lansing didn't feature the normal firecracker-hot temperatures, and a temperate thermometer reading in the low 70s made for a pleasant viewing of the city's seventh-annual Fourth of July Fireworks show.
Produced again by Leavenworth County EMS director Jamie Miller, the show featured more than 1,200 aerial shells and hundreds more groundworks and fountains.
For photo galleries and videos of the fireworks, check back later at lansingcurrent.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers