2003 Bonner grad killed in motorcycle crash
Spencer Buck, a 2003 graduate of Bonner Springs High School and devoted member of the BSHS wrestling family, died Wednesday evening when the motorcycle he was operating was struck head-on by a car traveling the wrong way up an exit ramp off Interstate 435 in Edwardsville. He was 21.
The wreck took place just before 6 p.m. on Wednesday night as Buck was on his way to work. He worked the evening shift as a loader at Federal Express and was taking the same route he took every day. Heading northbound on I-435, Buck exited at Woodend Avenue and collided with a 2004 Nissan sedan driven by Delores Jones, 64, of Kansas City, Mo. The highway patrol said Jones was driving northbound in the southbound lanes of the exit ramp.
John Eichkorn, a highway patrol spokesman, said alcohol and drug tests were conducted on both drivers and results were not expected back for a few months. Eichkorn said officers at the scene did not suspect alcohol or drugs were the cause of the crash.
Buck, who was riding a 2005 Yamaha motorcycle, was wearing a helmet and was transported from the scene to a mortuary.
A complete obituary will appear in next week's Chieftain.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan