Horton Funeral Mass for Stephen Edmond Lednicky, 50, of Horton, was Friday, July 7, at St. Leo's Catholic Church in Horton. Burial was in St. Leo's Catholic Cemetery.
Mr. Lednicky died July 3, 2006, at Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka.
He was born Aug. 25, 1955, in Horton, the son of John F. & Mary Alyce Peterson Lednicky.
He was a farmer and truck driver.
Mr. Lednicky was a member of St. Leo's Catholic Church.
On Jan. 29, 1983, he married Susie Lockwood in Horton; they later were divorced.
Survivors include his mother, Mary Alyce Lednicky, rural Everest; three brothers, Timothy, Leavenworth, Michael, rural Everest, and James, Horton; three sisters, Linda Oertel, Leavenworth, Carla Earp, Oskaloosa, and Lisa Burke of rural Everest.
The family suggests memorials to the Stephen Lednicky memorial fund to be designated later, sent in care of Dishon-Maple-Chaney, 909 Central Ave., Horton 66439.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at dishon-maple-chaney.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station