Horton Funeral Mass for Stephen Edmond Lednicky, 50, of Horton, was Friday, July 7, at St. Leo's Catholic Church in Horton. Burial was in St. Leo's Catholic Cemetery.
Mr. Lednicky died July 3, 2006, at Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka.
He was born Aug. 25, 1955, in Horton, the son of John F. & Mary Alyce Peterson Lednicky.
He was a farmer and truck driver.
Mr. Lednicky was a member of St. Leo's Catholic Church.
On Jan. 29, 1983, he married Susie Lockwood in Horton; they later were divorced.
Survivors include his mother, Mary Alyce Lednicky, rural Everest; three brothers, Timothy, Leavenworth, Michael, rural Everest, and James, Horton; three sisters, Linda Oertel, Leavenworth, Carla Earp, Oskaloosa, and Lisa Burke of rural Everest.
The family suggests memorials to the Stephen Lednicky memorial fund to be designated later, sent in care of Dishon-Maple-Chaney, 909 Central Ave., Horton 66439.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at dishon-maple-chaney.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Local softball players named to all-state teams