Reds advance to Zone finals
The other teams in the Lansing Reds' American Legion Zone Tournament didn't hand them any of their 24 losses this summer, but those opponents are paying the price for the Reds' frustrations.
The Reds (6-23) advanced to the Zone championship game at 8 tonight by hammering Doniphan County 13-3 in semifinal action Monday night at Wathena. Kyle Hutchison went the distance on the mound and collected the victory. Lansing advanced to the semifinals by beating Horton 11-3 on Saturday.
"We're rolling," Reds coach Troy Andrews said. "Kyle pitched well, and we got lots of hits."
Doniphan County and the Atchison Junior A's will play at 6 p.m. in the play-in game. The winner of that game will meet Lansing at 8 p.m. in the finals. Because the tournament is double-elimination, Lansing will be crowned champions with a victory. A Lansing loss, however, would mean another game would be played Wednesday.
For more on the Zone Tournament, pick up the July 13 edition of The Current or visit lansingcurrent.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive