Church plans volunteer fair
A volunteer fair is planned this weekend at Lansing First Southern Baptist Church.
The "Make A Difference Fair" will be after the 10:30 a.m. worship service (about 11:45 a.m.) on Sunday, July 30 and will feature booths in the Fellowship Hall for church ministries such as AWANA, small group studies, teen ministry, praise teams and women's ministry.
The fair will provide "one-stop shopping" for people looking for ways to make a difference in the lives of children, teens, adults and even themselves, the church said in a news release. The ministries cover most every interest, from music to education to church services. Some ministries need volunteers to lead activities and others welcome participants to take part in the ministry.
For more information about the church, 306 4-H Road, and the "Make A Difference" Fair, visit www.lfsbc.org or call 727-3115.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender