James E. Vernon
Graveside services with military honors for James E. Vernon, 61, Edwardsville, were Tuesday, May 30, at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Vernon died Thursday, May 25, 2006, at Dwight D. Eisenhower Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Leavenworth.
He was born March 14, 1945, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Frank E. and Opal M. (Perry ) Vernon.
Mr. Vernon was a truck driver, a U.S. Army veteran and a member of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Survivors include his children, Wesley, Angie and Missy; a brother, Kenny Vernon; a sister, Kathleen Cook; and several grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Parkway Care Center, sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66058.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Face to Face: Linwood business owner Kim Miller-Tallman
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs volunteer Becky Korgol