Women’s Chamber recognizes top yards
Yard of the Month recipients have been announced by the Beautification Committee of the Women's Chamber of Commerce.
The committee nominates residential and commercial property in the Lansing and Leavenworth communities for the hard work and efforts their owners put into their beautiful landscaping.
Yard of the Month recipients for May are 671 Holiday Drive, 202 E. Olive, and in the commercial category, Baristas Coffee Shop.
The Yard of the Month recognition will continue monthly through October before resuming in December with special recognition for Christmas lights displays.
The Women's Beautification Committee has been making the award for several years.
"We want to help make a difference in our communities by recognizing Yard-of-the-Month recipients and encouraging all residents to take pride in their community, their homes, and their businesses," said Joan Padgett, a committee member. "Lansing and Leavenworth residents have always taken an active role in the beautification of their yards - we want to not only encourage this to continue but to also recognize their hard work and efforts."
More like this story
- KCMO gallery plans Ulmer exhibit
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms