Jo Ann Johnson
Services for Jo Ann Johnson, 68, Lansing, were Tuesday, June 6, at High Prairie Community Church of Leavenworth. Burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Johnson died Friday, June 2, 2006, at Hospice House of Kansas City, Mo.
She was born Sept. 10, 1937, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Edwin and La Vena (Reedy) Jostmeyer.
Mrs. Johnson grew up in various places in Jefferson County, attending two years at McLouth High School and graduating in 1955 from Central High School in Kansas City, Mo.
She spent her life devoted to God and family as a homemaker and volunteered with children and the community in various capacities such as the Prison Ministry, Lansing Intermediate School helping fourth-graders, 4-H, and Girl Scouts.
She married Virgil Johnson in Leavenworth on Dec. 30, 1956. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Gloria Johnson, Philadelphia, and Karen Pauls, Ponca City, Okla.; two sisters, Sharon Flannery, Arkansas, and Carol Campbell, Sulphur, Okla.; seven half-brothers and sisters in California and Colorado; and four grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to High Prairie Church or the Kansas City, Mo., City Mission, sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Dad of batboy, 9, who died, supports batboy tradition
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction