Obituary: Otto L. Hoffmann
Otto L. Hoffmann, 87, Shawnee, died at his home Thursday, June 15, 2006, surrounded by his family. Mass of Christian burial was Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church with burial at St. Joseph Cemetery. Visitation was Saturday at the Church.
Dr. Hoffmann was born Nov. 26, 1918, in Wisconsin. He was a research scientist for Spencer Chemical Co., retiring from Gulf Chemical Co. and later from DuPont Chemical Co.. Dr. Hoffmann earned his B.S. in plant physiology from the University of Wisconsin where he was a member of Delta Theta Sigma fraternity. He received his M.S. in soil microbiology and plant physiology from Rutgers University and his Ph.D. in plant physiology from Iowa State University. He founded the field of herbicide antidotes and was issued 17 patents for plant growth regulators and herbicides.
His wife, Mary (Washko), whom he married July 3, 1941, preceded him in death. Survivors include four daughters, Pat Kerfoot, Barbara Miller, Paula Lucas, and Nola Hoffmann; five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Condolences may be made at www.amosfamily.com
Arrangements: Amos Family Chapel of Shawnee (913) 631-5566.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences