Barbara Helen Crooks
Services for Barbara Helen Crooks, 64, Lansing, will be at 10 a.m. Friday, March 3, at Lansing United Methodist Church. Burial will follow in the VA Cemetery.
Mrs. Crooks died Monday, Feb. 27, 2006, at her home in Lansing, after a heroic battle with cancer.
She was born Feb. 17, 1942, at Fort Leavenworth, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. August Bergman.
Mrs. Crooks grew up in the Lansing and Leavenworth area. She retired from Hallmark in 2001.
Survivors include her parents, August and Dixie Bergman, Lansing; two sons, Jeffrey "Jeff" Crooks and Jason Crooks; two grandchildren; five brothers, August "John" Bergman II and Fred Bergman, both of Leavenworth, William Bergman and Robert Bergman, both of Lansing, and David Malec, Wichita; three sisters, Christina Hill, Weston, Mo., Sandra Jerrit, Woodstock, Ga., and Lori Filbert, Lansing; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Norlyn "Joe" Crooks, and her mother, Mildred L. Malec.
Visitation will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, Thursday, March 2, at Davis Funeral Home, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of the funeral home, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement