Leavenworth County 4-H Events Council
The bimonthly meeting of the Leavenworth County Events Council was Jan. 23 at the Lansing 4-H Building. President Natalie Hall called the meeting to order.
The Budget and Fundraiser committee announced there would be a meeting in May for those that volunteered to be on the food stand committee. Seven financial request forms were approved.
In efforts to recruit 5- and 6-year-olds to the 4-H program, the Cloverbuds are participating in an afterschool academy for six weeks in Tonganoxie. Leavenworth County will try to have countywide Cloverbud meetings. Meetings are tentatively scheduled for the fourth Wednesday in April through July.
- Reporter Katie Campbell
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson