Obituary: Mildred E. Brown
Mildred E. Brown, 89, of Kansas City, Kan., died Feb. 26, 2006, at the Providence Medical Center. Graveside memorial services will be at 12:30p.m. Thursday, March 2, at the Leavenworth National V.A. Cemetery in Leavenworth, Kan. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to noon Thursday prior to the service at the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home.
Mrs. Brown was born July 14, 1916, in Bullard, Texas. She lived in Nebraska and Kansas before moving to Kansas City, Mo. She married James A. Brown Sr. on Oct. 16, 1937. She was a member of the Bader Memorial Chapel and donated time to Cancer Action of Greater Kansas City.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, brother and sister. She leaves two sons, James A. Brown Jr. of Kansas City, Kan., and William H. Brown of Loudon, Tenn.; and two daughters, Jill A. Quinn of Kansas City, Mo., and Pamela J. Lee of Bonner Springs. There are 10 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers the family requests donations to Cancer Action of Greater Kansas City and the American Diabetes association, both in care of the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St. Bonner Springs KS 66012, 913-422-4074.
More like this story
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award
- USD 458 students accepted into honor choirs
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation