Tax help offered for seniors
Before the tax man cometh, senior citizens can get help at the Leavenworth County Council on Aging.
Patti Tyler of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program will help seniors to do their taxes from 10:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays through April 14, except March 17.
The service is free, and appointments are not necessary.
To receive assistance, bring a 2004 tax return, W-2, 1099's and all papers pertaining to income and your Social Security number.
Tyler can assist with the Kansas Homestead Refund if you bring proof of income and a property tax receipt or rent receipt.
The Council also will assist seniors with the Homestead Refund. Call (913) 684-0777 for an appointment.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map