Aging council seeks public’s input
Leavenworth County Council on Aging wants to know what the community thinks.
The council will have a hearing for community members to provide input on future programs at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 15, at the council office, 109A Delaware St., Leavenworth.
The purpose of the hearing is to provide a forum to comment and make suggestions as to the needs of older adults, as well as to voice support or concern for the effectiveness of current programs.
Those interested in submitting written testimony or who wish to be placed on the agenda are asked to call Jeanette Weeks at (913) 684-0777 prior to the hearing.
Anyone requiring accommodation such as a qualified interpreter, large print reader or hearing assistance in order to attend this meeting is requested to notify the Council on Aging no later than 48 hours before the hearing.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements