Agnes Bertha Johanna Berner
Services for Agnes Bertha Johanna Berner, 102, Lansing, will be at 1 p.m. today, March 9, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Leavenworth.
Afterwards, her body will be sent to the Koepsell Funeral Home in Mayville, Wis., for a service with burial in the Hochheim Cemetery, Herman Township, Wis.
Mrs. Berner died Monday, March 6, 2006, at her home.
She was born on Oct. 6, 1903, in Theresa, Wis., the daughter of Herman Keup and Anna Seefeldt Keup.
Mrs. Berner was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church and the St. Paul Lutheran Church Ladies Aid.
On Aug. 4, 1929, in the Township of Herman, Dodge County, she married Edwin E. Berner. The Rev. Berner died Feb. 15, 1983. A daughter, Betty Duesing, and a grandson also died earlier.
Survivors include three daughters, Janice Berner, Overland Park, Marilyn Dier, Kearney, Neb., and Shirley White, Aurora, Colo.; two sons, Owen Berner, Topeka, and Eugene Berner, Sandy, Utah; 15 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Edwin E. Berner Endowment Fund of Concordia Seminary in Fort Wayne, Ind., and the LCMS World Relief. Memorials may be sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat