The Kansas Senate last week approved Senate Bill 577, which sets out base pay increases for most state employees in fiscal 2007.
The bill provides a base pay rate increase of 2.5 percent for classified employees at a pay rate above the pay grade for the employee's class; and a 2.5 percent merit increase for unclassified employees in the executive, judicial and legislative branches, excluding legislators. It also provides a one-time salary bonus of $260 at the beginning of the fiscal year for every full-time employee in the classified service, with part-time classified employees receiving a proportional amount and step movement for each classified employee on steps 4 through 15 of the current pay matrix whose latest performance review rating is at least satisfactory, to be effective on the employee's anniversary date.
The measure was approved 36-4 and now goes to the House.
Here's how area senators voted.
Yes: Mark Gilstrap, D-Kansas City; Roger Pine, R-Lawrence.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Basehor 'Booming with PRIDE' celebration announced
- Hostess plant in Lenexa to reopen
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map