Guard extends contest deadline
The National Guard Bureau has extended the deadline for the Lewis and Clark Youth Rendezvous essay contest until April 2.
Ten students from Kansas will be selected to take part in a weeklong event along the Lewis and Clark Trail in North Dakota.
All students who will be high school juniors and seniors during the 2006-2007 school year are eligible. Essays must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words, be written in English and address the military traits of Louis and Clark.
For more information, visit www.lcyouthrendezvous.com.
More like this story
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle