Leavenworth Services for Marcella New, 79, of Leavenworth and formerly of Louisville, Ky., will be at 10 a.m. Monday, March 13, at O.D. White and Sons Funeral Home, Louisville. Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery.
Mrs. New died Sunday, March 5, 2006, at Country Care on Broadway Nursing Home.
She was born Nov. 8, 1926, in Smithfield, Ky., the daughter of Estelle G. and Mary C. (Raizor) Hopper.
Mrs. New moved to Leavenworth in 2005 to be near her family. She had worked as a meat cutter for the Armour Star Meat Packing Company. She was a member of Minor's Lane Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter Amy Hall, Battletown, Ky., a brother, Marion D. Hopper, Louisville; a granddaughter; three great-grandchildren; and a nephew, Kenny LaMaster, Leavenworth.
Her husband, Samuel New, and a stepdaughter, Connie Williams, died earlier.
The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, March 11 at the funeral home, 2727 S. Third St., Louisville.; (502) 637-4474).
The family suggests memorials to the Immaculata High School football team, sent in care of Beldon-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Attorney compares Kansas sperm donor's plight, gay marriage
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- BSHS grad returns to Bonner to promote book
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary