Trial scheduled in 2004 case
A second trial for the suspect charged with the robbery of a Lansing gasoline station and the rape of a clerk there in December 2004 now is scheduled for next month.
The 26-year-old suspect, from Kansas City, Kan., is charged with robbing Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road, and raping the on-duty clerk.
The case originally went to trial Oct. 3 in Leavenworth County District Court. But Judge Frederick Stewart declared a mistrial Oct. 5, requiring a new trial to be scheduled.
Several factors have delayed the retrial, which is now scheduled for April 24 in Leavenworth County District Court.
The suspect remains in Leavenworth County Jail.
More like this story
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms