Trial scheduled in 2004 case
A second trial for the suspect charged with the robbery of a Lansing gasoline station and the rape of a clerk there in December 2004 now is scheduled for next month.
The 26-year-old suspect, from Kansas City, Kan., is charged with robbing Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road, and raping the on-duty clerk.
The case originally went to trial Oct. 3 in Leavenworth County District Court. But Judge Frederick Stewart declared a mistrial Oct. 5, requiring a new trial to be scheduled.
Several factors have delayed the retrial, which is now scheduled for April 24 in Leavenworth County District Court.
The suspect remains in Leavenworth County Jail.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups