Services for Lonnie E. Rush, 73, of Lansing, were Saturday, March 11, at R.L. Leintz Funeral Home. Inurnment followed at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing
Mr. Rush died Tuesday, March 7, 2006, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
He was born April 16, 1932, in Lansing, the son of Ned and Josephine (Sherley) Rush.
Mr. Rush enjoyed fishing and the outdoors. He was a retired stonemason.
He married Theresa Fink on Nov. 26, 1953; they later divorced.
Survivors include his companion of 23 years, Verna Malcuit; six daughters, Linda Sparks, Leavenworth, Elaine McClure, Lansing, Theresa Sloan, Lawrence, Mary Wood, Lansing, Peggy Winstead, Lansing, and Julie McBroom, Lansing; two sons, Timothy, Lansing, and Robert, Lansing; three brothers, Robert, Terry and Ed; three sisters, Sherley Baragary, Patricia Fink and Loretta Murphy; nine grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
A grandson died earlier.
Memorials are suggested to the Diabetes Association. Written messages may be forwarded to the family using the condolence page at www.leintzfh.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- BLHS takes down Louisburg in playoff thriller
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits