City discusses taxes at Falcon Lakes course
The Basehor City Council held a workshop Monday night to discuss construction on Hollingsworth Road and 147th Street and property taxes with Falcon Lakes developer Rustom Ferzandi. The council also discussed special assessments for infrastructure and a proposal to change designation of the golf course to green space, open space or park area.
City clerk Mary Mogle said the council didn't reach consensus on a top-10 list of projects for the incoming city administrator, but some council members' proposals were discussed.
Mayor Chris Garcia proposed revising the city employee policy manual and drafting an evaluation of the city's merit raise policy.
Council member Terry Thomas said he'd like the council to consider a policy requiring department heads to submit quarterly budgets, including justifications for overruns and ways to pay for them.
Here's the agenda for the Monday, March 20, city council meeting, which will begin at 6 p.m. with a work session, followed by the regular meeting at 7 p.m., all at city hall:
- Hear from Darrel Fields of the Mid America Regional Council about the U.S. Highway 24-40 corridor study.
- Hear from Joe Brann of HNTB engineering firm about a Kansas Highway 7 study memorandum of understanding.
- Conduct fact-finding discussions with staff members about items on the regular agenda.
- Continuation of public hearing on U.S. Highway 24-40 sanitary sewer taxing district.
- Public comment.
- Discuss Operation Wildlife's authorization to release program.
- Consider an ordinance creating the 24-40 sanitary sewer taxing district.
- Consider an ordinance outline repayment of city at-large costs for the sewer taxing district.
- Consider Metzger Meadows Preliminary Plat, Phase 2.
- Consider rezoning from "R-O" Suburban Residential to "R-1" Single Family for Metzger Meadows Phase 2, NE ? of Section 34, Twp 10S, Range 22E (Metzger Meadows LLC, applicant)
- Consider funding for 24-40 Corridor Study.
- Consider K-7 memorandum of understanding.
- Consider resolutions waiving the city of Basehor from GAAP Principal Accounting Rules for 2005 and 2006,
- Consider an ordinance concerning utility services and delinquent accounts and repealing Ordinance 238.
- Consider 2006 sewer rate increase for monthly maintenance fees.
- Consider appointment of planning director and job description.
- Consider authorization to proceed with Leavenworth Road drainage project.
- Consider proposal from MHS Engineering for Master Sewer Plan.
- Meet in executive session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters.