Homer G. Tordoff
Leavenworth A memorial service for Homer G. Tordoff, 82, Leavenworth, was Wednesday, March 15, at Davis Funeral Home, Leavenworth.
Inurnment was at Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Tordoff died Thursday, March 9, 2006, at Cushing Memorial Hospital, Leavenworth.
He was born Sept. 19, 1923, in Lamoni, Iowa, the son of Wilfred David Tordoff and Ida Fisher Tordoff.
Mr. Tordoff was inducted into the Army in January of 1943. He served during World War II, Korea and Vietnam. After retirement from the Army in 1967, he continued to teach fire control as a civilian until 1973.
He then joined the U.S. Foreign Science Technology Center at Charlottesville, Va., as an intelligence analyst. Retiring in 1982, he had 36 years of federal service.
In 1985, he moved to Leavenworth with his wife.
He married Amy F. Lambert. She survives.
Other survivors include a son, Brian, Jefferson City, Mo.; two grandchildren, Wade Gillen Tordoff, Jefferson City, Mo., and David Michael Tordoff, Nashville; a great-grandchild; two sisters, Lois Wright, Raytown, Mo., and Iola Tordoff, Independence, Mo.
The family suggests memorials to the Salvation Army, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education