Relay For Life captains to meet
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life in Leavenworth County is now registering teams for its annual fundraiser.
The Relay For Life in Leavenworth County will be June 2-3 at Abeles Field in Leavenworth. Register by calling Anita Samson at 682-8132.
Relay For Life is an overnight event designed to celebrate survivorship and raise money for research and programs of the American Cancer Society. During the event, teams of people gather at schools, fairgrounds or parks and take turns walking or running laps. Each team tries to keep at least one team member on the track at all times.
The first team captains' meeting will be at 7 p.m. today, March 16, at the Lincoln room in Mid-American Bank and Trust, 401 Delaware, Leavenworth. Information on Relay For Life also will be available at that time.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises