Salvation Army to dispense food
The Salvation Army of Leavenworth County will distribute commodities next week at three Leavenworth County locations.
Distribution will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 21, at Methodist Church Hall, Fourth and Riley streets, Easton, and at Pleasant Village, 711 Pleasant St., Tonganoxie. In Leavenworth, distribution will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 23, at The Salvation Army, 600 Walnut St.
The Emergency Food Assistance Program distributes food donated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to help improve the diets of persons in need of food assistance.
The program allows nonprofit agencies to distribute the commodities to needy Americans, including low-income and unemployed persons, for household use. The food is free, but recipients must meet eligibility requirements.
Those requesting food will need to bring a photo ID, proof of residency, proof of income and Social Security cards for all family members. To receive food, please bring containers and go to the distribution site closest to the town in which you live.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets