Patricia Lou (Edmonds) Needham
Services for Patricia Lou (Edmonds) Needham, 76, Leavenworth will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 22, at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Seventh and Seneca streets, Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
After burial, the family will receive friends at St. Paul's Parish Hall.
Mrs. Needham was born March 13, 1930, in Lansing, the daughter of Irene (Patterson) and Rupert R. Edmonds of McLouth.
She graduated from Lansing High School in 1947 and attended Kansas City Business College.
Mrs. Needham career was as a medical secretary and accounting clerk; she worked for 19 years at Cushing Memorial Hospital and for eight years at Physicians Clinic, Leavenworth. She also volunteered extensively, including for St. Paul's Episcopal, Leavenworth Assistance Center and Leavenworth County Master Gardeners.
On Sept. 23, 1955, she married Robert E. Needham. He died in February 2006.
Survivors include two sons, Jeffrey R. Needham, Olathe, and Daniel R. Needham, Kansas City, Mo.; a sister, Janice (Edmonds) Carolan, Mission Hills; and four grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Assistance Center or to the church, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament