GRE talent show Tuesday
Students at Glenwood Ridge Elementary School are preparing for the Sixth Annual Talent Show to be held at 6:30 p.m. on March 28 at Basehor-Linwood High School. The theme for the evening is "The Greatest Show on Earth," with Paul Wilburn, district strings instructor, serving as ringmaster.
"Our students have worked very hard for this talent show," said Laura Carroll, talent show chairperson. "We will have a lot of talent and enthusiasm on the stage. It will be a great show and a lot of fun for everyone."
Thirty-seven Glenwood Ridge students,in grades kindergarten through fifth, will participate in 23 different acts. Student performances will include gymnastics, dance, singing, baton twirling, Tae Kwon Do and comedic skits.
The show will open with the National Anthem sung by Courtney Blankenship, BLHS Principal Steve Blankenship's daughter, followed by the school spirit song written by fifth-graders Cierra Garrison, Victoria Almeida, Jacie Harris and Samantha Rutherford.
More like this story
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor
- Basehor church dedicates new cemetery
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night