Radovich tapped All-State for second straight year
For the second year in a row, Lansing High senior Amanda Radovich has received All-State basketball honors.
As a junior, Radovich was named to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Class 5A all-state team after averaging 15.2 points per game.
This year, the 5-foot-11 forward is a second-team all-state honoree by the Kansas Basketball Coaches Association after leading Lansing to its best season since 1999. The Lions had a 15-7 record this year, placed second in the Kaw Valley League and lost in the substate championship game to Shawnee Heights.
After averaging 17.77 points per game this year and earning All-Kaw Valley League honors for the second year in a row, Radovich will leave basketball behind to throw the javelin and discus on the track team at West Point U.S. Military Academy.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa