Students sell candy for music fund
Students from Lansing Elementary and Intermediate schools are selling World's Finest Chocolate to raise money for the Lansing Parent-Teacher Association's music fund. The fundraiser began Friday, March 17, and will end April 10.
Proceeds from the fundraiser are used to pay for music events and items such as music and instruments.
PTA also sponsors two summer music and art camps. Last summer, about 200 students participated in the camp, said Sherri Schwanz, Lansing Middle School choir director.
This year's camp will be July 17-21.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Mostly forgotten detective faced notorious criminals
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow