Water district signs extension
Consolidated Water District No. 1 of Leavenworth County recently approved a 20-year contract extension with the Kansas City Board of Public Utilities.
District officials said the contract will ensure that the Water District will maintain the quality and quantity of water needed in the community for the next two decades.
The Water District serves 1,765 customers in east central Leavenworth County, including Basehor and Lansing.
Officials said the extended contract will ensure that the Water District will be able to meet the growing water demands of the community.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal