Author to speak at ‘Just Desserts’
A contributing editor to American Heritage magazine will be the featured speaker at the annual "Just Desserts" program at Leavenworth Public Library.
Friends of the Leavenworth Public Library sponsor the program, which will be Friday, April 7, at the library, 417 Spruce, Leavenworth.
In addition to a wide variety of desserts for tasting, this year's program features Roger Spiller, author and editor of 10 books. His most recent book, "An Instinct for War," was published in 2005 and is a selection of the History Book Club, the Military Book Club and the Forbes Book Club.
Spiller received a Ph.D. in history at Louisiana State University and was an associate professor and command historian for the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center and Fort Leavenworth. He has served as special assistant to the commander in chief, U.S. Readiness Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.; deputy director, then director of the Combat Studies Institute, Fort Leavenworth; the George C. Marshall Distinguished Professorship of Military History at the Staff College,
More like this story
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September