City offering weather radios
Lansing residents can add another tool to their severe-weather-awareness arsenal.
City Hall is offering programmable weather radios for sale at the discounted price of $27.50 plus tax.
The radios feature "Specific Area Message Encoding," which allow them to be programmed to sound an alert when weather or other emergencies threaten Leavenworth County or any other selected county. The technology is designed to eliminate other alerts that are being broadcast. The radios also have an alarm clock feature.
The radios, which normally retail for around $60, are being made available through the Mid-America Regional Council.
Lansing Police will program the radio for residents who purchase the units and bring in three AA batteries.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Basehor-Linwood athletes qualify for state track
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary