Seniors plan trip to Kansas City
Leavenworth County Council on Aging is planning a trip to show area seniors a bit of Kansas City history.
The council will visit the Negro Leagues Baseball and Jazz Museum in Kansas City on April 13. After visiting the museum, the group will eat at Arthur Bryant's Barbeque.
Cost for the trip is $14 for transportation and museum admission, plus the cost of lunch. The group will leave at 8:30 a.m. and will return about 2:30 p.m., coordinator Patty Willmeth said.
To register for the trip, contact Willmeth at the council office, 684-0777, by April 6.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Edwardsville paramedic Christy Johnson
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs business owner Val Barth
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years