Teacher, class celebrate kidnapped journalist’s release
Students in Barb Alonzi's fifth-grade class celebrated by holding makeshift placards outside Lansing Intermediate School that read, "Honk" "4" "Jill."
Alonzi's celebrated, too. But for her, the release of kidnapped journalist Jill Carroll was much more personal.
Alonzi is the aunt of Carroll, whose whereabouts had been unknown since Jan. 7 when she was kidnapped while on her way to an interview in Baghdad for The Christian Science Monitor.
For more on Carroll's release and Alonzi's reaction, see the April 6 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- County commissioner shuns bilingual Spanish TV reporter
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs chiropractor Martha Aitkens
- Legal fight focuses on western Kansas millionaire's estate
- Stepmother of missing 7-year-old boy arrested in Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)