Teacher, class celebrate kidnapped journalist’s release
Students in Barb Alonzi's fifth-grade class celebrated by holding makeshift placards outside Lansing Intermediate School that read, "Honk" "4" "Jill."
Alonzi's celebrated, too. But for her, the release of kidnapped journalist Jill Carroll was much more personal.
Alonzi is the aunt of Carroll, whose whereabouts had been unknown since Jan. 7 when she was kidnapped while on her way to an interview in Baghdad for The Christian Science Monitor.
For more on Carroll's release and Alonzi's reaction, see the April 6 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Bonner-area man named state 'king' of weight loss