Teacher, class celebrate kidnapped journalist’s release
Students in Barb Alonzi's fifth-grade class celebrated by holding makeshift placards outside Lansing Intermediate School that read, "Honk" "4" "Jill."
Alonzi's celebrated, too. But for her, the release of kidnapped journalist Jill Carroll was much more personal.
Alonzi is the aunt of Carroll, whose whereabouts had been unknown since Jan. 7 when she was kidnapped while on her way to an interview in Baghdad for The Christian Science Monitor.
For more on Carroll's release and Alonzi's reaction, see the April 6 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Bonner-area man named state 'king' of weight loss
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle