Teacher, class celebrate kidnapped journalist’s release
Students in Barb Alonzi's fifth-grade class celebrated by holding makeshift placards outside Lansing Intermediate School that read, "Honk" "4" "Jill."
Alonzi's celebrated, too. But for her, the release of kidnapped journalist Jill Carroll was much more personal.
Alonzi is the aunt of Carroll, whose whereabouts had been unknown since Jan. 7 when she was kidnapped while on her way to an interview in Baghdad for The Christian Science Monitor.
For more on Carroll's release and Alonzi's reaction, see the April 6 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Legal fight focuses on western Kansas millionaire's estate
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas City Connection: In the market for meat