Bertha “Boots” A. Lewis
Services for Bertha "Boots" A. Lewis, 75, of Sunrise Beach, Mo., will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday, April 3, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Lewis died Wednesday, March 29, 2006, at her home.
She was born March 30, 1930, in Leavenworth, the daughter of William F. and Bertha (Flint) Steuernagel.
Mrs. Lewis was raised in Leavenworth and attended school there. She had worked at Leavenworth Glove Factory and managed the Nelly Don Fabric Shop.
She was a member of Calvary Baptist Church, Leavenworth.
She married John Marvin Lewis on May 25, 1947, in Leavenworth. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Janie A. Sample and Jean M. Lewis, both of Leavenworth; a son John R. "Randy" Lewis, Leavenworth; a granddaughter; three great-grandchildren; a sister, Jeanett Vawter, Leavenworth; and a special family friend, Kevin W. Harris, Leavenworth.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday, April 2, at the funeral chapel, where the family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The family suggests memorials to the American Diabetes Association, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key