Library gala slated May 11
The Basehor Community Library plans its first Gala Thursday, May 11, at the Legends Theater in Village West.
The event will start at 6:30 p.m. with a silent auction, then Lynn Sebree will take over with a live auction at 7 p.m.
More than 90 donated items will be for sale, including an air hockey table from Amini's Galleria, a season pass from Kansas Speedway, a private wine tasting for 20 people from Holy-Field Winery, all-you-can-eat buffalo wings for up to 10 people from Hooters, a private party from Scrapbook Dreams, four passes to Falcon Lakes and much more. Montana Grill, PartyLite Candles, Arbonne International, Sherwin-Williams and Powell Gardens are some of the other businesses that donated items to the auctions.
Gala attendees will also have the opportunity to see a new movie, "Akeelah and the Bee," and enjoy a cash bar.
All proceeds from this event will go to help the new library in Basehor.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased through First State Bank, Teresa Fliger at 724-2883 or Leslie Johnson at 724-3798.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Leavenworth County Fair schedule
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it