Fishing Derby set for Saturday
Lansing Parks and Recreation will put on its fifth annual OK Kids Day Fishing Derby from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, May 13, at Lost 80 Park on East Mary Street.
The Fishing Derby will be followed by a picnic lunch.
Youth ages 15 and younger may participate. All participants must bring a fishing pole and be accompanied by an adult. Attendees who are not participating may purchase a lunch ticket for $3 on the day of the event.
Cost for the event is $5 per child in advance or $10 per child the day of the event, which includes bait, a giveaway and lunch.
Registration forms are available at the Lansing Parks and Rec office in Lansing Activity Center, 108 S. Second St., or online at lansing.ks.us. Preregistration ends at 5 p.m. Friday, May 12. Onsite registration will be offered for an increased fee.
In the event of inclement weather on the day of the derby, call the information line at 727-5555 for cancellation notice.
More like this story
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Wichita to award varsity letters to special needs students
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Elementary nurse Tammy Dooley
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa